I’ve been on a mission of giving Christmas gifts with a bit of depth to them – tapping into having experiences and making memories. This can encourage a healthy, happy and holistic approach to living and being sustainable, and they don’t necessarily need to cost a cent. It can be overwhelming with so many options out there, but I believe that’s what we all really want to do. I hope to make it easier for you by breaking down some of my ideas into different categories – Experiential, Self-care, Sustainable Irish Gifts, Kitchenware, Outdoors and Books. I’ll post separately over the coming days with a number of suggestions for each. First up….
5 of the Best Experiential Gift Ideas
As part of this series of wellness-related gifts, with health, happiness and sustainability at it’s core, this list of experiential gifts should get your creative juices flowing to book some interesting gifts for your loved ones. I hope you enjoy!
1. For the Whole Family – Sometimes it’s tough to meet the interests of your kids when they aren’t just clones! One might be really into science while the other can’t sit still. There is science for juniors (ages 2-6) and then for all the family, and there’s fun looking sport activities – two types of wall climbing and caving too - which looks amazing. Explorium might just be the answer for you! I’ve just booked….ssshhh!
2. For the Adventurous Type – Rock climbing seems to be getting so much more popular in Ireland, maybe because the indoor facilities are becoming so good now and you’re not dependednt on weather, and it’s just much more accessible for anyone with even a fleeting interest. This is where Awesome Walls, in Dublin and Cork, and The Wall come into play. They both have different offerings for different ages and abilities.
View this post on Instagram
Give your loved ones what they really want this Christmas! Forget the socks - The Wall gift vouchers are available in-store and online (thewall.ie/giftvouchers). Our vouchers can be used for anything at The Wall - from coffee and snacks to memberships, new climbing shoes, @problemsolver_hangboards and @the_powerfingers. Give the gift of climbing 🧗🏻♂️ . . . . . . #jealousgirlfriend #meme #thewall #giftvoucher #climbing #xmas #christmas #powerfingers #lasportiva #scarpa #fiveten #metolius #moonclimbing #bouldering #christmaspresent #giftideas #lovindublin #rockclimbing
A post shared by The Wall Climbing Gym (@thewalldublin) on
3. Silver Screen in Style – If you’re one of Irelands huge cinema-going cohort, you will LOVE the Stella. If you’ve already been, you’ll know what I’m talking about. It’s just such a wonderful experience, luxuriating in their leather armchairs or couches, having food delivered to your table while watching the film which you can pre-order when booking. Definitely a gorgeous gift that you’ll need to get in on too!
4. Wellness events – The trend of wellness events is bigger now than ever. Having been to a few recently, namely WellFest and Thrive Festival, I find them incredibly positive and uplifting experiences.
They offer the opportunity to try new ways to move your body with so many fitness experts doing classes, alongside a multitude of Irish wellness brands in food and self-care. So, for anyone in your life who is into wellness, tickets to one of these events is a super gift that they can look forward to, and you could always accompany them too!
View this post on Instagram
#ICYMI *Tier 1* tickets are on sale for Thrive Festival Dublin 2020 NOW! We'll be back at The Convention Centre Dublin from 29 Feb-1 Mar for Dublin's premier fitness, wellness & food event in 2020! For a limited time tickets are just €37.50 for a day ticket and €70 for a full weekend ticket (price excl. booking fee) ⠀⠀⠀ We can't wait to welcome you back for two fun-filled days in 2020! Grab your tickets with the link in our bio! 🎫
A post shared by Thrive Festival (@thrivefestival.ie) on
5. For the Foodie (or budding chef) – There’s nothing quite like seeing something being done to make it so much easier to re-create. That’s why going to a cookery demo like Ciara’s Kitchen is a great evening out. You don’t have to get your hands dirty, but you get to sample everything that’s being cooked. Win-win! Get yourself a voucher for you and a friend or partner and kick back and relax while you learn and get fed!
So no more naff jumpers, or perfumes, that never get worn - get some experiences for your loved ones instead. It really is what memories are made of... And the planet will thank you too!